Tuesday, February 21, 2012

5 ways to use Evernote on your iPhone

16 gigs on an iphone has quickly become not enough, so I am on a constant pursuit for free storage to save things. (Do you want to sign up for dropbox? I'd appreciate the free space. Plus it is good cloud karma for you.) A flaw of photos on the iphone is that after awhile, it can take some time to find your photos and there is not a good way to search. Awhile back I started using evernote, thinking it would replace the notepad on my iphone. But it has become so much more.

5.) Photo storage: Right...so I need one more place to put photos. Use number 3 makes evernote the perfect hub for your digital photos. Instagram makes them available to anyone who follows my grams (are pics on instagram called graandms?) Pinterest puts them out there for the world to search and repin. But evernote is just for you. Create a photos tag and use the geolocation feature to help you find your pics later. Easy way to share them with the people you want to and keep them away from the constantly crawling search engines.

4.) Take better notes: I have a stack of notebooks in my home office with quickly scribbled notes that I will never look through. If it were important I would have done something with it. Maybe. But you never know when a website or a phone number is needed and you can remember which moleskin it was in. You can put your notes into Evernote and tag them appropriately. The timestamp alone helped me fin the right note.

3.) IFTTT.com Ok so its not necessarily on the iphone, but setting up a fee recipes will save you time and keep you from saving a picture somewhere twice. There are some cool recipes on IFTTT that let you send something to Evernote. (read post on 5 crucial IFTTT recipes)

2.) Reminders without a deadline: Want to remember something eventually? Sometimes you take a courtesy reminder when a friend is insists that, "you gotta check this out dude!". Maybe I do, but not right now and probably not tonight. But someday I will watch your buddy eat a ghost pepper on youtube.

1.) Idea Notebook: I try to always have a notebook handy. You never know when a good idea or even a bad idea needs to be written down.

Download it, get it on all your devices. You will be more organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment