Monday, November 8, 2010

COMING SOON: QR Code Study

I started several discussions on LinkedIn with professionals working in print & mail, innovative technologies, and marketing asking the question: 


Are consumers ready to use QR Codes?

or Are marketers so convinced that we are pushing QR Codes without understanding the end users perspective? I am posting this in several groups that I am in related to innovations, marketing, and mail. QR Codes are the talk of trade shows, blogs, tweets, and meetups for marketers. Success in Asia and Europe has brought the QR Code into the public eye in the U.S., but does the public even understand what they are seeing? What do you think about QR Codes?
Example: TV commercial with a QR code static on the screen. But 30 seconds wasn't enough time for me to recognize it, processes that I wanted to scan what I saw, and get my QR code App loaded so I could take a picture... I just saw another commercial for Sears Appliances featuring a QR Code and icons to promote Sears on twitter and Facebook.


Post a comment hear to be included in my research on QR Codes and the readiness of consumers.

No comments:

Post a Comment